Monday, April 29, 2013

Healthy Fudge Bites


I'll be the first to admit it.  I have a sweet tooth.  I wish I didn't.

I have learned though that just because I need a treat doesn't mean I have to eat something full of high fructose corn syrup, or partially hydrogenated oils, or red 40--things that are bad for me.  I can eat treats full of whole foods and nourishing ingredients that satisfy my sweet tooth.  I've added a lot of recipes to my collection over the years and I've found that the food I make from nourishing ingredients taste so much better than junk food because the ingredients are real--not fake artificial stuff.  These fudge bites are no exception.


My fudge bites pictured are a little frosty since I hide these all for myself store them in the freezer.  When I need a little treat I pull one or two out at a time.  They stay soft enough to eat straight from the freezer. 

Soft, chocolaty rich goodness!  The perfect treat to sink your teeth into.



Chocolate Nut Butter Bites
nourishing-bites.blogspot.com

1/2 cup coconut oil (softened but not hot)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup nut butter (I use sunflower seed butter)
1/4 cup (mild) raw honey*
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1. Pour all the ingredients into your food processor and pulse a few times until ingredients are well combined.  Don't have a food processor?  Simply whisk until well combined.

2. Pour the mixture into silicone mold tray or lined mini muffin tin.  Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden.  Remove fudge bites and store in fridge or freezer.

Printable recipe


Did you know?
*Raw honey is loaded with vitamins and minerals.  It is also a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system and has anti-fungal, anti-bacteria, and anti-viral properties.  It also aids digestion and contains pro-biotics.  Sounds to me like the perfect reason to eat one more fudge bite!

-Amy

13 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for nutritional snacks. Thanks for your recipe.

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for this new blog. I am just in the beginning steps of being more concerned about our family diet, and eating real foods. This blog will be a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, these sound delicious! Found your post through Handmade Tuesday blog link party.

    Sarah Lynn
    www.sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you make your own sunflower butter? I have never tried it. I think I will! I have you bookmarked and am excited to try out some of your recipes. Happy to see that you added a facebook tab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine,
      I buy my sun butter. I never thought of making it. I'm sure it would be easy. We use sun butter because we can't have peanut butter in our home. Of all the "nut butters" it tastes the most like peanut butter.

      Delete
  5. Yummy! Do you think it would work with soy nut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Healthy fudge?! I'm all over that! Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing! If you'd like to add this to my link party, I'd love to have you join! Can't wait to look around some more.

    Krista @ While He Was Napping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fudge bites are so cute! It's great that they are healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so tasty! I might have to make a batch and "store them in the freezer," too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! I have been eating more real food without added and artificial ingredients. These would be perfect to satisfy my sweet tooth! I think I will try it with almond butter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, seriously I could have eaten the whole tray you made the other night. Sooooooooo delicious! And now that I see the ingredients I won't feel guilty if I do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mulher super depressão e ganho de peso na pandemia com ginástica simples e suplemtno saudável, o Omega 3 Omega 3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...